Dear TESOL Colleagues,
The Teacher Educator Interest Section (TEIS) is seeking nominations for the position of 2023 Chair Elect-Elect. Please see the announcement below.
Thanks for sharing this Call with your colleagues.
2023 TEIS CALL for Nominations
The TESOL Teacher Educator Interest Section (TEIS) is a professional network of teacher educators who seek to advance the quality of English language teacher preparation and in-service teacher professional development through collaboration in a broad spectrum of scholarly activities. TEIS invites our membership to join the leadership team. Colleagues are invited from across all contexts and settings to join us. Individuals who are interested will be supported by previous leaders as they assume the respective positions.
Candidates must be TESOL members. Candidates must be able to attend the TESOL Conventions in 2024 and 2025, and ideally in 2023, too.
Position Description: Chair-Elect-Elect:
● organizes, in cooperation with the Chair and the Chair-Elect, proposals for intersection panels in which TEIS may be a primary or secondary partner;
● serves as a member of the Steering Committee;. takes notes at the annual Business Meeting, and assists the Chair-Elect with the preparation of the minutes; in the temporary absence of the Chair or Chair-Elect at the annual Business Meeting, assumes the responsibilities for preparing the minutes of the meeting;
● solicits topics, articles, column editors and other contributions and contributors for various activities (i.e., newsletter, blog, social media, webinars), and
● assists with social media networking activities and other duties assigned by the Chair and/or Steering Committee.
● will serve as Chair-elect following the 2024 TESOL Convention, Chair following the 2025 TESOL Convention and Past-Chair the next year.
Process: Send nominations to: whitingTESOL@gmail.com
In your email, please send us the following information:
Affiliation and title:
TESOL or TESOL affiliate leadership and service experience:
50-75-word bio which foregrounds your leadership and service experience:
Deadline for nominations is Thursday, March 2, 2023.
Current Leadership Team:
James Whiting: Chair
Heather Linville: Chair-Elect
Polina Vinogradova: Chair-Elect-Elect
Khanh-Duc Kuttig & Bridget Schvarcz: Newsletter Co-Editors
Abdulsamad Humaidan: Community Manager
Michelle Benegas: Past-Chair
James Whiting, Ph.D
Professor of Applied Linguistics, Plymouth State Universitywhitingtesol@gmail.com
Chair, TESOL TEIS 2022-2023