Dear ESPers worldwide,
The following LSP conference in Spain may be of interest to many.
All the best,
We are very pleased to announce the conference GENRES AND LANGUAGES IN DIGITAL COMMUNICATION: TRENDS AND NEW DIRECTIONS to be held in Zaragoza on 28-30 June, 2023. This is a joint international conference that brings together the 21st annual conference of the European Association of Languages for Specific Purposes (AELFE2023) and the 7th Conference of the Asia-Pacific LSP & Professional Communication Association (LSPPC7).
Please find below the titles of our plenary speakers, featured speakers, thematic panels and also pre-conference workshops.
Our plenary speakers:
- Christine B. Feak (University of Michigan, US): "Keeping EAP Writing Instruction Current in the Changing Landscape of Research Communication"
- Eric Friginal (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University): "Linguistic features of (mis)communication in professional, multimodal workplaces: Patterns from corpora and their language policy implications"
- Laura M. Muresan (Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Romania): "LSP education and research: Evolving priorities and quality dimensions"
- Christine M. Tardy (University of Arizona, US): "LSP in the era of ChatGTP"
Our featured speakers:
- Vijay K. Bhatia (The Chinese University of Hong Kong): "Genre in digitally mediated professional practice"
- John M. Swales (University of Michigan, US): "Genre Analysis and its New Challenges"
The thematic panels will feature presentations on the same topic so that there is room for more focused discussion on the topic.
- Digital science: Sustainable, transformative and transversal
- Multimodality in professional communication
- Publish or Perish: Insights from the Editors and Student Board of English for Specific Purposes
Our plenary speakers will also impart the following pre-conference workshops (attendance to these workshops is free for all registered conference participants):
- "Writing for beyond the ivory tower" (by C. B. Feak)
- Compiling and annotating professional spoken corpora: Trends, tools, and recommendations (by E. Friginal)
- Qualitative methods workshop for investigating academic literacy development (by L.-M. Muresan)
- Integrating new digital academic genres into the writing classroom (by C. M. Tardy)
Please also visit our conference website for further information and deadlines.
We very much look forward to meeting all of you at the conference.
Best wishes for the New Year!
Carmen Pérez-Llantada (on behalf of the organising committee)
University of Zaragoza
Dr. Kevin Knight, PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA
Department of International Communication
Kanda University of International Studies