Call for Proposals for Research and Pedagogical Case Studies
Do you teach content in Russian as a foreign, second, or heritage language? Please consider submitting a proposal for the edited volume Content-Based Teaching of Russian in the Routledge series on Russian language pedagogy and research
We would like to hear from various fields and backgrounds of Russian language instruction. Language of publication: English; 3,000 to 8,000 words + references and appendices.
We are equally interested in theory-heavy explorations, research, and submissions that focus on teaching practice. International participation is especially encouraged.
Submit proposals to the editors Svetlana Nuss, University of Alaska, and Maria Khotimsky, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, via https://forms.gle/y3UVTaiab8fphLHR6
Proposal requirements: up to a 300-word expression of interest, outlining main arguments and methodology, if applicable, along with a short professional background of the author/s.
- Up to 300-word expression of interest due: January 28, 2023
- Notification of acceptance to proceed to chapter stage: February 10, 2023
- First draft of chapters/case studies due: May 10, 2023
- Revisions and peer review: draft of chapters/case studies due: August-October, 2023
- Final manuscripts due: mid-November of 2023
- Publication: Spring of 2024