EVO Sessions Jan. 9 - Feb. 12, 2023
Registration: Jan. 1 - 8, 2023
We are proud to issue the Call for Participation for the Electronic Village Online (EVO) 2023, Jan. 9 - Feb. 12, 2023. This year EVO23 is dedicated to the loving memory of Vance Stevens. As a project of TESOL's Computer-Assisted Language Learning Interest Section (CALL-IS), EVO has been offering free, open online professional development sessions and workshops to teachers of English around the globe for 20 years.
For five weeks in January and February, TESOL experts and participants from around the world converge electronically to teach, learn, and collaborate online. EVO sessions are like online workshops, as they typically offer weekly live chats (audio/video) to session participants, who then explore the weekly topic in more depth in online discussions and collaborate on projects in a learning management system (LMS). Participants receive badges or a certificate of completion for the work submitted during the session. During the TESOL Convention, EVO session moderators showcase their sessions through live webcasts, offered as part of the programming of the CALL-IS and open to participants worldwide at no charge.
Sessions are free and open to anyone around the globe. It is not necessary to be a TESOL or IATEFL member nor to attend the TESOL Convention in order to participate. All you need is access to the Internet. The sessions carry no academic credit, and participants may choose the level of involvement that works for them.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
SESSIONS for EVO 2023 -- Share this Call for Participation!
- Delivering Best Practices for Distance and Blended Courses
- Developing Learning Habits
- Flipped Learning in Language Teaching 2023
- Immersive Learning Experiences in the Metaverse
- Language Assessment Literacy for Practitioners
- Language Teacher Agency in the Classrooms
- Learner Engagement through Virtual Apps
- Mentoring Teacher-Research
- Mindfulness Awareness Practice
- Moodle for Teachers - Learn to Teach Online
- Teaching EFL to Young Learners
- Technology for Spoken English
- Tools for Student Collaboration
- Translanguaging Pedagogies in TESOL
- Video Based Mobile Learning
- To register for a session between January 1 and 8, 2023, please follow the instructions on that session page (Session pages are linked to the titles in the CfP.).
EVO sessions can be time-consuming, so we encourage you to sign up for no more than two sessions!
Mark your calendars now for EVO sessions January 9 - February 12 and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Please share this invitation with your colleagues and e-lists.
Thank you for helping us spread the word!
On behalf of the EVO23 Coordination Team,
Christine Bauer-Ramazani, MBA, MA, MEd
Instructor Emeritus of Applied Linguistics, Saint Michael's College
ESL Teacher & Teacher Trainer, Consultant for Online Course Design/Teaching
Co-founder of the Electronic Village Online (EVO, http://evosessions.pbworks.com)