myTESOL offers members and other TESOL professionals the opportunity to engage with English language professionals worldwide. These guidelines will help you engage and interact effectively with your colleagues. All registered users are expected to understand and follow these guidelines
- Be polite and collegial: Remember that you are talking to your colleagues in the field, sometimes about controversial topics. "Please," "thank you," and other common courtesies will help keep the conversation civil.
- Be respectful: TESOL is an international association with more than 100 affiliates worldwide, and TESOL professionals are situated across the political spectrum. Please understand and respect cultural, political, and religious differences. TESOL will remove posts it deems inappropriate.
- Be a good conversationalist: The social network is a conversation, not a megaphone or a billboard. You are strongly encouraged to participate, but always try to add value to every conversation you join.
- Stay on mission: Please keep the discussion focused on topics related to the work and mission of TESOL International Association.
- You are responsible for the content you post: You should always post as yourself. Posters who attempt to impersonate others will be removed. Keep in mind also that once you post something, it becomes part of the public domain, and it’s always discoverable.
- Help keep the community commercial free: You may recommend products, services, and books relevant to an ongoing discussion, and if you have a job posting that you think will interest the community, you can share that, too. But please do not use the community for commercial promotion of any kind. Commercial posts will be removed, and repeat offenders may lose their participation privileges.
- Give credit where credit is due: When quoting someone else, always provide a source citation, usually a Web address (URL). Never use copyrighted material without permission. If you have a question about copyright, please contact TESOL before you post it. Posts that violate copyright law will be removed.
- Respect privacy and confidentiality: Please respect proprietary information, confidentiality agreements, brands, trademarks, and fair use. Please do not share someone else’s e-mail address or other private information without that person’s permission.
- No one likes spam: Spam includes promotional material, special offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. Spammers will be removed from the network. If you suspect that someone is spamming your list, please contact TESOL.
Participating in the myTESOL is a privilege. By allowing you to participate, TESOL is trusting you to exercise good judgment and follow these guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.
TESOL International Association (TESOL) Social Media Policy
TESOL International Association Member Code of Conduct